Senior Loan Officer
Merchants Mortgage & Trust Corporation (“MMTC”) is a nationwide Private Real Estate Lender that is headquartered in Denver, Colorado with offices in California, Texas, Oregon, and Arizona.
Established in 1962, MMTC specializes in short-term residential bridge/hard money loans for Fix & Flip investors, Commercial, Construction, and Rental property loans. In 2022, MMTC was acquired by KKR, a leading global investment firm.
The Senior Loan Originator must have over 3 years of experience and will be responsible for sourcing, vetting, fostering, and closing relationships for Merchants Mortgage & Trust’s various Loan programs. Candidates should have relevant experience in providing investors with Bridge financing and should have relationships with Loan Borrowers active in the non-owner-occupied Residential Fix & Flip & Ground-Up Construction space. Candidates should be highly motivated, have strong communication skills and the ability to thrive in a competitive yet rewarding sales environment.
· Identify and maintain relationships with Real Estate Investors for Fix & Flip, Bridge, Rental and Construction Loans
· Keep abreast of industry trends and opportunities and inform colleagues and senior management.
· Source business via phone calls, social media, emails, networking events, and in-person meetings with realtors, investors, and other industry partners.
· Develop sales leads for loans in builder communities.
· Review new leads daily and contact them to earn their business.
· Daily pipeline management (loan application to funding process) to ensure that the loan process goes smoothly for all parties involved.
· Required minimum of 3 Years of Private Capital, Fix & Flip, Residential Bridge & Ground Up Construction Financing
· Be located in one of the following States/Cities: (FL: Tampa, Orlando), (VA, DC), (PA: Pittsburg), (MA: Boston), (MN: Minneapolis), (New York), (New Jersey), (OH: Columbus), (TX: Dallas, Houston, Austin, San Antonio)
· Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
· Highly motivated with a proactive mindset to understand problems, offer solutions, build relationships and work through institutional decision-making
· A collaborative approach and team player
· Critical thinker regarding risk and the quality of assets being originated
· Ability to work in a high volume, fast-paced environment and successfully meet established deadlines
· Ability to work independently and be self-motivated with measurable results
· Comfortable working in a Microsoft environment, Linkedin and other research tools
· Proficient in Excel
· Bachelor’s degree required
· Minimum of 3 years of experience
· Must be authorized to work in US
What We Offer
· Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
· Life Insurance, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
· 401K with Company Match
· Competitive compensation dependent on experience